CMHA Calgary Resources
- YouthSMART: Resources specifically targeted to youth and young adults, with information about mental health, illness and dealing with stress. www.youthsmart.ca
- CMHA Calgary: Find additional resources and information about mental health. www.cmha.calgary.ab.ca
- Recovery College: Free courses to help you develop your own resourcefulness. www.recoverycollegecalgary.ca
- Peer Support: Through CMHA Calgary, Peer Support offers an opportunity to speak with someone with a lived experience of mental health or substance use concern. Call 403-297-1402, email email@example.com, or book a virtual or in-person appointment here.
If you are looking for someone to talk to, check out these phone or text lines.
- Distress Centre (24/7): 403-266-1605
- ConnecTeen: Support is available 24/7 but access to peer support is available 3-10 weekdays, 12-10 on weekends.
- (24/7 talk): 403-264-TEEN (8336)
- (24/7 text): 587-333-2727
- Online Chat calgaryconnecteen.com
- Kids Help Phone (24/7 talk): 1-800-668-6868
- Kids Help Phone (24/7 text): 686868
- Alberta Mental Health Line (24/7): 1-877-303-2642
- Crisis Services Canada (24/7): 1-833-456-4566
- Access Mental Health: Call 403-943-1500 for information, consultations or referrals to mental health services.
- 211: Contact 211 to be connected to someone who can provide specific resources in the community depending on your need.
Youth and Young Adult Mental Health support Websites
- The Alex: Calgary based organization that provides a youth health centre and youth health bus, as well as other mental health supports. www.thealex.ca
- Have That Talk: Organization that raises awareness of the importance of mental health. www.havethattalk.ca
- Mental Health Literacy: Increases your education and awareness of mental health. mentalhealthliteracy.org
- Mind Your Mind: Interactive mental health resources and supports. www.mindyourmind.ca
- Be There: Resources for supporting a friend or loved one. bethere.org
Note: CMHA Calgary does not necessarily support or endorse the listed community resources. We have reviewed each source, but external organizations may change content without notice. If you have a mental health support for young adults you’d like to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.